Saturday, November 20, 2010

Review: Inspiration Software


My 8yo son loves dinosaurs. But report writing? Uh, not so much. Until he gets a chance to do it with some rather cool software.

Inspiration Software allows you to enter information in a web diagram, traditional outline, map, or any number of other organizational mediums. Big deal you say? Ah, but there's more. Let's say you enter your info in a web diagram. With a single click you can see the same information in the form of a traditional outline. Or a chart.

As an example, my son made the traditional outline as shown at left. He was then able to click to see the same info on the web, above. He could then go in and personalize his web with illustrations. (Loved that!) As someone who has taught students outlining and webbing, let me say that this makes learning SO. MUCH. EASIER. Some kids are adept at webs. Some at outlines. Some at other forms of organization. But this makes it so that they can understand--in a click!--the connection between them.

Another bonus for my son? He loves typing. Doesn't love the physical act of writing. So he sat in front of the computer and read through book after book while taking notes directly onto the software program.

We've been **inspired**!

Disclaimer: I have not received any compensation from this company. If you order from Amazon, all commissions go toward foster care through Grace and Hope at no additional cost to you. THANK YOU!

4 comments:

  1. visiting from the workbox group and that looks very cool and i am goon have to look deeper into that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing going to have my husband check this out. I am trying to find something that my 8 yo would like to help with report writing. Already a follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Thanks for sharing your experience with Inspiration Software! I'm happy to hear that it has made teaching webbing and outlining easier. It's also great that your son loves it too!

    As you're looking for more creative ways to teach with the software, you may be interested in some of the resources we provide on our blog. At www.inspiration.com/blog we have lesson plans and examples in our Inspired Calendar and Inspired Sites.

    I'm curious, are you using Inspiration or Webspiration to create the diagrams?

    If you haven't already, check out Webspiration Classroom at http://www.inspiration.com/WebspirationClassroom. You can also sign up for a free 30-day trial at http://www.inspiration.com/Freetrial.

    I'd love to connect with you on our blog, Facebook or Twitter. You may also email me at connect(at)inspiration.com.

    Thanks for mentioning us!

    Sarah Cargill, Inspiration Software
    inspiration.com/blog
    facebook.com/InspirationSoftware
    twitter.com/InspirationSW

    ReplyDelete
  4. We also have this and use it after being recommended for help with organizing thoughts! Its helped Kyle(10) and I plan to also use it with my other 2 children. I enjoy this program, glad you did to!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a message. I love comments almost as much as I love chocolate! And I do LOVE chocolate. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips